Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 72568 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2021, 10:32:46 pm »

Good is that local or one of the Super Centres

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2021, 06:12:11 am »

Good is that local or one of the Super Centres
Countess of Chester  hospital  O0

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2021, 06:43:31 pm »

We finally got our Oxford today. The one Europe frowned upon but now can’t get enough of  <*<

Wife is ok and personally I just had an aching shoulder for a couple of hours.

ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2021, 07:40:40 pm »

Last time we will send any Australian fine Grade Uranium or Wool to Europe  >>:-( .........the EU Blocks 1/4M doses of AZ to Australia >>:-(

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-05/italy-eu-block-250000-astrazeneca-doses-to-australia/13218348

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:49 pm »

Looking long term it would make sense for Oz to produce their own under licence. The Italians only have the ability to block the shipment because it is being produced under licence from AZ in Italy  >>:-(

I think every country needs its own manufacturing ability as this could go on forever. I’m thinking a licence also ensures all mutation updates
ANDY

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2021, 07:51:29 pm »

The EU has made a total cock up of their vaccination policy and are scrabbbling to try and salvage something from the mess.

Colin

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2021, 08:12:10 pm »

Andy, yes Australia has purchased the 'to manufacture under Licence'......quantities of both the AZ and the Johnson varieties

The speed at which our decisions were made I think reflected the degree of infection here on our shores.......[I certainly have my own thoughts but we on MBM are forbidden here to elaborate on any Political decisions]...... [I must not get into the hot water pot again]

In fairness, I think the -70C logistics requirement of the LT version balked many.......some are now suggesting the actual cost of the on-site supply of this is x 500 the actual cost of 1/2 a dozen single doses  :-X  to outback Australian Communities

I can safely mention that the OZ production is destined for some smaller Pacific Region Countries

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2021, 08:13:38 pm »

Promising  :-))
ANDY

RST

« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2021, 08:39:55 pm »

Having asked question chatting with my colleagues in the office the other day (we work from Paris but obviously everyone is at home), I think most of Europe is *****d of with the UK at the moment. Sour grapes with splitting, then watching us do so (relatively) well with vaccinations in % terms so far.  One thing for sure my colleagues are all very bitter about what's happening in their countries, it's a bit of a touchy subject.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2021, 08:50:21 pm »

Well, the EU seem to have comprehensively messed up their response at all levels. Inadequate delivery and incompetent politicians.

In the UK we just seem to have the latter.

Colin (hopefully accumulating antibodies)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2021, 10:42:35 pm »

Wifey has got her cum uppence for taking the mick out of me and my aching shoulder  %%
She’s had to retire early with flu like symptoms.
I’m fine but I think the 40% definitely hrlelps  %% {-)
ANDY

RST

« Reply #336 on: March 06, 2021, 12:58:39 am »

I'm way down the pecking list but I just hope it doesn't have the same effects as my yellow fever jab did.  Looking back I should have gone to hospital after that, but wasn't well enough to think much at all.  Knocked me completely sideways for 6+ weeks after.  Just as well I didn't do the trip -I'd have not made it on the flight, or probably put in hospital when I got there.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #337 on: March 06, 2021, 10:34:04 am »

I would bring that up with your GP now get some reassurance it should be ok  and Definitely mention when you attend for your jab or get your appointment date

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #338 on: March 06, 2021, 10:42:32 am »

I suspect that you need to resolve it before you go for your jab as I suspect that the screening will refuse you otherwise.

I can't believe the fuss that is being made about Easter overseas holidays. Surely nobody in their right mind, or with any sense of community spirit,  was booking an overseas holiday for Easter!

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #339 on: March 06, 2021, 11:08:53 am »

Looking long term it would make sense for Oz to produce their own under licence.

The Commonwealth Serum Laboratories (CSL) will be manufacturing 50 million doses of the AZ vaccine at the rate of 1 million per week in Australia, starting very soon. We are in a very fortunate situation here at present, as the incidence of Covid is very low, and restrictions are being relaxed almost daily. We have had no cases in our area since July 2020, and many other areas are the same. Several deliveries of vaccine have arrived in Australia from overseas, and are already being given, but when the CSL comes on line it will be full steam ahead.

Peter.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #340 on: March 06, 2021, 11:32:10 am »

Personally I would have thought the UK government would seize on the chance of a publicity coup by sending the 250,000 doses from the AZ UK supply as a gesture of cultural solidarity i.e. one in the eye for the EU  ;D

Not say anything till its in the hands of the AUS authority, citing that we dont block shipments to our friends.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #341 on: March 06, 2021, 10:13:38 pm »

A bit encouraging 1,000,000 2nd  Doses passed  today not surprised no Fanfare

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #342 on: March 06, 2021, 10:36:40 pm »

After over 24hrs I can report that despite our initial report we both descended into feeling quite unwell.I stayed in bed until quite late and lacked any energy today. However as bed time approaches I think we are getting over the worst.
ANDY

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #343 on: March 07, 2021, 12:04:18 am »

Its said  the 2nd dose can hit worse and hit  those that were ok with the first Oh! I had no prob for the first so Touch wood for next week

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2021, 09:07:21 am »

We both feel back to normal this morning. The end of May for the next.
ANDY

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2021, 09:13:50 am »

I have never seen this researched so it is pure speculation.

I wonder if how bad a reaction you get to the jab is in any way related to how much protection you build and/or how susceptible you were to Covid in the first place and/or if it varies between vaccines?

I had a slight ache around the  injection site for 12hrs & my wife had no reaction at all to the 1st dose. Pfizer. As i explained it to her "no sense no feeling". I am still recovering from that comment and its after effects.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2021, 09:33:05 am »

I think it’s related to muscle density. My mother felt nothing at 85, my wife felt nothing at the time of the injection but does now.
I felt like there was great resistance to the liquid going in and it’s still feeling bruised.
ANDY

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2021, 10:03:49 am »

I've heard there are two factors dictating whether you get a reaction. Firstly it depends where the needle goes in. If it hits a tendon or some other structure then it can cause inflammation. Secndly, it might indeed depend on whether you have already caught covid without being aware of it or caught something in the same group of viruses. Early last year I got the 'coughing bug' which gives you a nasty cough for weeks and that is a virus. It wasn't Covid as I've had it before and the symptoms were the same.

Colin

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2021, 10:48:02 am »

I think it’s related to muscle density. My mother felt nothing at 85, my wife felt nothing at the time of the injection but does now.
I felt like there was great resistance to the liquid going in and it’s still feeling bruised.

Taranis
So I might have said to my wife "no sense, no feeling and no muscle tone."  {:-{ . Dangerous.

I didn't feel the injection at all. I was speaking to someone else & hadn't realised that I had had it.

Colin
I have always wondered about whether I have had Covid. I was in Wuhan just before the virus became public knowledge & I came home with an incredibly vicious cough. The sort where you go red/blue because you just cannot breathe in and you have run out of air to cough with. I was put on antibiotics but they didn't really help much within normal antibiotic time scales.

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2021, 11:21:01 am »

Hi Mayhem People. To put some folks minds at rest. I have a friend who is a retired GP and he has volunteered to help out with the vaccine programme locally. His wife is also a working GP. We have discussed at length the fact that some people feel a bit naff for 1 to 3 days after the AZ vaccine and he has given me an insight into the reasons (all a bit technical) but fundamentally its pretty much the same as to why some people get really bad colds and lucky folk like me hardly ever get a cold. The bottom line is, he stated categorically that he would tell people to not be concerned in any way about having the AZ vaccine.To give you all something to smile at, our local council has just put up some notices in the park where our Club operates. The signs are all about drug abuse in the park. Given the age demographic of our members and the ailments we all suffer from, we have concluded that we are the largest drug users that ever go near the park !!!!!

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.