Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 73437 times)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2021, 09:24:30 am »

It is very slow indeed, Brian, and it also seems very haphazard. For example, one GP clinic in Lismore has started vaccinations, others have not received any. In nearby Ballina, one clinic is vaccinating, others have no idea when they will get their supply. We have had a bit of a scare here lately, with a man from Byron Bay testing positive after being close to some infectious people from Brisbane in a local pub. As a result, Tweed, Byron, Lismore, and Ballina shire residents are subject to tighter restrictions for a few days until the extent of the problem becomes clearer. We haven’t been subject to very tight restrictions up until now, so we are quite philosophical about it.

Peter.

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2021, 10:37:44 am »

Hello,
I had my Second Jab yesterday.No sore Arm, all OK !!.No problems at all !!!!!.
JayDee.  :-)) :-)) :-))
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2021, 12:41:44 pm »

well at least the UK are on or even ahead or target.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2021, 12:51:55 pm »

Did well here too  :D
Top+
4th and 3rd
By any measure, the UK is one of the countries most affected by COVID-19 in the world. The UK has the third highest total number of COVID-19 deaths and fourth highest number of deaths per million population in the world. Looking at excess mortality – which helps us to include COVID-19 deaths that may not have occurred in hospitals – suggests we are doing worse than Italy, France and Germany, and comparably to Spain. But we have not reached the end of the crisis and data reporting across countries is at different stages. It is too soon to conclude what the ultimate totals will be.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2021, 01:44:53 pm »

......................But we have not reached the end of the crisis and data reporting across countries is at different stages. It is too soon to conclude what the ultimate totals will be.

I don't think that there is going to be an ultimate total. Rather, like flu, there will be a steady trickle of new deaths. I certainly don't think that any meaningful total can be established until we reach a stable position which i suspect won't be until at least a year from now after next winters surge.

Does anybody know how you get an antibody test to ascertain whether the vaccine has actually worked for the recipient?

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2021, 07:27:17 pm »

Hi All,
Although this is not Covid vaccination related it is Covid related in regards that clubs that have insurance public liability etc must now have a Covid risk assessment to cover how they operate, club house utilisation and club events. Southend model boat club has had one since last year at the request of the council and insurance company.
Clubs may want to check this out.

Regards
Destroyer 42

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2021, 07:51:13 pm »

Appreciate the heads up, although no regattas are planned at present I fell we should all look into this.
Phil....MPBA
Steamed up all the time

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2021, 08:47:12 pm »

Hi Steamboatphil,
I wrote our clubs R/A up last year to cover Covid if you need to look at ours its on our website otherwise p.m  me.

Destroyer 42

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2021, 10:11:53 am »

If OAZ comes up with a vaccine that can cope with the new variants, IMHO I would not take any contracts from the EU as they have done nothing but put it down on safety fears and if a contract is given, make them pay like JJ or Mederna or Pfizer i.e. at 3 to 4 times the price, whereas, every where else, give it to them either at the same rate as the current 'at cost' or with a very small mark up. If OAZ is so defective - why are they still going on about the supply and storing what they do get, its almost like a customer getting a part delivery of defective parts and still wanting the remainder of the contract to be filled with the same defective parts, cannot understand the logic.

Notice the Netherlands and Germany have stopped giving it under 60's or suspended it, seems like they are under the idea, any one having a reaction to a vaccine means we must stop using it as any reaction cannot be tolerated, though you dont hear about the Pfizer ones issues (except yesterday when they reported that Pfizer has had about 3 deaths due to the brain blood clots, you dont see them suspending that brand do you), the statement went on to say about 31 deaths due to clots in 18 million doses, thats 1 in under 600,000.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2021, 10:18:25 am »

There has been one reported case of a blood clot here in Australia, out of nearly 700,000 vaccinations using AZ. Those odds are acceptable to me, and I’m booked in for my jab on 10th April.

Peter.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2021, 10:36:45 am »

There has been one reported case of a blood clot here in Australia, out of nearly 700,000 vaccinations using AZ. Those odds are acceptable to me, and I’m booked in for my jab on 10th April.

Peter.

Same as the chance of being struck by lightning
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2021, 11:46:55 am »

What are the historical clotting ratios for the unvaccinated population ?

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2021, 12:24:02 pm »

What are the historical clotting ratios for the unvaccinated population ?

As I understand it the total number of clots is not much higher than the general population and lower than that for women on the pill. The interesting part is that it is an unusual type/ location of the clot.

Whatever the other facts it remains true that the risk is so small as to be unimportant. The fact is that eating/ drinking/ being injected with anything has possible side effects which we accept as long as the risk is reasonable. To my mind the risk of clots is reasonable.

The biggest danger of this is that all the headlines might put a lot of people off having the vaccine and that is so much worse.

There is a lot of politics going on in Europe. Politicians and the truth are poor bedfellows and Macron looks likely to loose an election soon.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2021, 02:01:26 pm »

The seasonal flue jab has a much higher percentage of serious complications  (Guillain-Barré syndrome) than the Oxford Zenica jab , and no kerfuffle is made about that.

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2021, 09:36:58 pm »

A small extract from the Lancet. Not conclusive but gives a little idea of the normal rate
In a population of 5 million people (ie, size matching the approximate number of people having received the Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in Europe by March 10, 2021
4), this incidence would correspond to approximately 169 expected cases of venous thromboembolism per week, or 736 expected cases per month (if based on the incidence rate among the 18–99-year-old Danes). Similarly, if estimated based on the incidence rate among 18–64-year-old Danes, one would expect 91 cases of venous thromboembolism per week, or 398 cases per month.
More info in the link
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00762-5/fulltext

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #390 on: April 04, 2021, 08:30:05 am »

I had my first death-jab yesterday @ 2pm   By 6pm I felt awful - terrible migraine with major vision disturbances, temperature, nausea and unbelievable fatigue.Still feel the same this morning. 

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #391 on: April 04, 2021, 08:52:01 am »

I had my first jab 6 weeks ago and I still don't feel any younger.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #392 on: April 04, 2021, 08:53:53 am »

I had my first death-jab yesterday @ 2pm   By 6pm I felt awful - terrible migraine with major vision disturbances, temperature, nausea and unbelievable fatigue.Still feel the same this morning.

You are most certainly the exception. I gather from "death jab" and your other posts that you are not a fan. Perhaps your other medical circumstances make the whole thing more traumatic. I am amazed that you were not on a priority list to get your vaccine sometime ago. 

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #393 on: April 04, 2021, 08:56:37 am »

They wanted to do me months ago but I didn't think my body was strong enough.     I'm midway through my 7th chemo.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #394 on: April 04, 2021, 09:04:27 am »

I am beginning to worry I had my jab in January, 2nd. one next week, I had zero symptoms as did my wife.  Perhaps my immune system put up no resistance and packed up and went home!
Roy

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #395 on: April 04, 2021, 09:16:57 am »

I am beginning to worry I had my jab in January, 2nd. one next week, I had zero symptoms as did my wife.  Perhaps my immune system put up no resistance and packed up and went home!
Roy

I understand that you are much more likely to get the side effects with the second jab. If you do then great your body is building antibodies but if you don't it doesn't necessarily mean that you are not building antibodies. Seems odd to be hoping for 24hrs of being less than well.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #396 on: April 04, 2021, 10:31:22 am »

The Australian Red Cross is advising donors. that they must incubate [wait & see] for two weeks after their first jab, before they are allowed to continue with either whole Blood or Plasma donations

The current directions do not differentiate between the AZ or the Fizzy vaccination strain  O0

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #397 on: April 04, 2021, 10:48:57 am »

Roy I've had both no side effects whatsoever I also did an Antigen test for the UK BioBank that was Positive  and I have the Longer lasting antigens (IgG). The trouble is most of you Latecomers have had too much time to fret and fuss and worry which doesn't help. Not that the first in line didn't my second was due Jan 12th  then Bang on Jan 4 Full stop for us all .Then 12 week and speculation of mixing Az and Pf .Ah well made it through the rain. now I hope.It is not like Aerobics No Pain No Gain slogan Good luck   :-))

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #398 on: April 05, 2021, 01:10:36 am »

The Australian Federal Dept of Health is advising that the interval between the flu and Covid vaccine injections be at least two weeks. This is not because of the possibility of a clash between them but, in the event of an adverse reaction, it can be determined which vaccine may be responsible. I would assume it's the same everywhere.

Peter.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #399 on: April 07, 2021, 03:59:50 pm »

The Australian Federal Dept of Health is advising that the interval between the flu and Covid vaccine injections be at least two weeks. This is not because of the possibility of a clash between them but, in the event of an adverse reaction, it can be determined which vaccine may be responsible. I would assume it's the same everywhere.

Peter.

Yes, I would imagine so.  We had our second shot today, and one of the questions we were asked was "Have you had any other innoculation recently?".  No, so we are now topped up and hope not to see another needle until the autumn.  :-) :-)

Greg

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.