Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 73630 times)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2021, 09:32:25 pm »

As I understand it todays order is for the existing formula but might be an updated vaccine. Given the shortage world wide I a sure that delivery of existing order could be delayed waiting for updates if we didn't need them now.

The number ordered still seems fantastic to me.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #451 on: April 29, 2021, 03:23:15 am »

Just had my yearly Flu jab from my GP.  I have been put on the waiting list for Covid jab but no one knows when even being in the highest priority group.  <:(

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #452 on: April 29, 2021, 03:36:11 am »

It seems very inconsistent Brian. My wife and I are both in our 80s, and have both had the jab, but a number of our friends in a similar age bracket have not. The vaccine supply to the various GP clinics is erratic, some get it while others don’t. It has been very frustrating for many people.

Peter.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #453 on: April 29, 2021, 06:20:37 am »

Brian......if you want a COVID vaccination for yourself & wife...... just Google the following

health@comms.healthengine.com.au

Select Victoria, search on COVID injections by Post Code

You will find 101 listed Medical Practices by Name & Suburb who are offering Appointment schedules

If you have an issue, PM me with your Suburb & Post Code Number.......I will copy the listing back to you

My GP was/is not offering injections, however a Practice just 3 minutes away was.....so I booked my 1st injection a few weeks back & had this on Monday the 19th last....with the 2nd booked for Monday the 12/7

Each injection window appears as ~~ 20 minutes, with 90% being the paperwork being completed by the Nurse.......the Nurse then completed the procure with the painless injection, then a 10 minute wait, seated in the waiting room.....[just to ensure patients don't suffer any near instant adverse reaction]

Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2021, 11:25:45 am »

I have had my text message for me to book the 2nd jab, earliest is next weekend  >:-o , had to check my roster that has gone to furlough again so I may have to rearrange the booking to be when the wife is at work and go during the day.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2021, 12:06:25 pm »

I have not had so much concern for my well being since doing my National Service, when our Corporal would come round and tuck us all up in bed each night.
Roy

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #456 on: April 29, 2021, 12:26:10 pm »

So you were in the RAF then Roy ;)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2021, 01:12:07 pm »

Hi jaymac, Yes how did you know? :embarrassed:   

We had our jabs, TABT, only just short of Gulf war syndrome afterwards.  Talking to my mate, got no reply, he was out cold on the deck.  Then we had rifle drill for an hour, this was to circulate the new bodies in our blood stream, we soon got to call them anti-bodies and a lot more as well.

Three years later I had a top up and felt poorly for 2 days, so anyone having a jab now, get some rifle drill in and sort the problem! 
So when I see big blowse blokes wincing at the sight of a needle I think "Get some in"!  We would always hurry to queue up for jabs as by the time it was the turn of those at the back of the queue the needle was getting a bit blunt.

I can't remember whether we had the 'Tear Gas' practice before or after.  You go in a large hut wearing a gas mask then have to take it off while a nice NCO lets off a gas cannister, and you come out crawling, but after an hour or so you can see OK.

Later on at an operational squadron, I was an Erk, we were invited to do de-pressurization tests if you wanted to go up on a test flight in the Canberras, I never did.
I had the start of a cold at the time and decided it was now or never.  B****y H***, it hurt like hell but the cold did go almost at once afterwards.  Still got the certificate!   I was on RePat 3 months later to work on transport aircraft and less than a year later the squadron was disbanded and formed into 3 Squadron.

Food quality could vary enormously in the RAF, I spent my last year at RAF Lyneham and they used to win the Catering Trophy each year.  The food was really good we had starters on Sundays soup if you wanted it and then all the usual roast meats that were carved while you waited then very nice sweets with cheese and biscuits to follow and coffee was available in a lounge area.  When I think what RAF Yatesbury did for the same money per head it was criminal!  (This was 60 years ago).

I left on the perfect day.  It was the day of the AOC's Inspection and everybody signed my going away chit without looking at it.
Still, as in life, more happy days than the other.
Regards
Roy

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2021, 07:24:01 pm »

I didn't Roy but what I saw of the RAF in Aden, Germany and EL Adam about 15 miles from Tobruk it fitted :}
 Re the Gas test the the Big surprise there  was not the taking off the mask was the fact despite  pre-empting and holding  breath was the damn stuff just poured  in through your nose while you waited till  you could leave. Oh when we went to Canada we  flew from Lyneham ah happy days sometime. Off topic be getting told off

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #459 on: April 30, 2021, 01:34:52 pm »

Just this minute had my second AZ
Never felt a thing this time in other arm

Today is a drink day so rather than 2 paracetamol and a bucket of water as prescribed I think I’ll crack a bottle  O0

Happy weekend!
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #460 on: April 30, 2021, 04:14:47 pm »

I'm just having my third Saison du Pont  {-)  and I can honestly say I cannot feel a thing  %%   :}
ANDY

RST

« Reply #461 on: May 02, 2021, 10:02:14 pm »

Passed a guy in local Tesco Culloden wearing a full chemical hood with separate filter package hanging off.  Thought that was a bit much!  He was to be fair one of the few who let me by with 2m distance unlike the covidiots in the rest of the store.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2021, 10:16:21 pm »

I was cream crackered after the second dose. I spent a day in bed but OK now.
ANDY

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #463 on: May 03, 2021, 12:58:14 pm »

I think its down to the after jab libation that made you cream crackered  {-)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #464 on: May 07, 2021, 08:42:01 pm »

I'm feeling really confident now and we look forwards to re starting our short lived routine of going to the cinema mid week with compare the meerkat. A nice big latte in hand.
ANDY

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #465 on: May 08, 2021, 11:18:40 am »

Had my 2nd yesterday afternoon, surprisingly - no pain this time, although I did ask for it in the other arm this time, the pain I am in is due to trying to create a drainage channel in a concrete hump to let the little lake of rain water escape from my back yard, but its chucking it down and water and electrics is not a good mix, the lake is too small for sailing victory in - just in case you were wondering

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #466 on: May 12, 2021, 03:40:23 pm »

Slightly off topic but protection is what this is about.

Tui & Easy Jet have announced that they are going to start holidays to amber countries. If you go there then there are are lots of jabs and 10 days at home quarantine when you get back.

Does anybody believe that those that take the holidays will actually follow this regime or that it will be enforced in any meaningful way?

I don't.

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #467 on: May 12, 2021, 03:45:50 pm »

Slightly off topic but protection is what this is about.

Tui & Easy Jet have announced that they are going to start holidays to amber countries. If you go there then there are are lots of jabs and 10 days at home quarantine when you get back.

Does anybody believe that those that take the holidays will actually follow this regime or that it will be enforced in any meaningful way?

I don't.
Why, because these are "common people" who can't be trusted? Would it be OK if rich people went?

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #468 on: May 12, 2021, 05:04:48 pm »

Why, because these are "common people" who can't be trusted? Would it be OK if rich people went?
No, they are likely to be people who firmly believe that "rules" are an imposition, or at best optional advice, and for somebody else.  They can be found in every demographic.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #469 on: May 12, 2021, 06:09:39 pm »

Wow! Where did that come from?

Anybody who chooses to go to an amber country is, in my humble opinion, already demonstrating a lack of concern and decency. I don't care how rich / poor they are. Not following the rules when they get back would make them lowlife.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #470 on: May 12, 2021, 07:21:57 pm »

Report today on the BBC that a surge of infections in Bolton is almost certainly due to people returning from India bringing the Indian varant of Covid with them and passing it on to their UK nearest and dearest in multi generational households. These are also the people who tend to resist having vaccinations. Clearly they are not observing the quaratine restrictions either.

Meanwhile, down here in Surrey local infection rates are effectively nil. People are still being very cautious unlike elsewhere.

The various 'hotspots' in the OK are all capable of sparking off a further surge of infections which could undo much of the benefits of vaccination if we are not careful.

All very frustrating really.

Colin

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #471 on: May 12, 2021, 09:03:57 pm »

After 17th May I doubt that there will be much if any caution at all, judging by actions I have seen when we were in the last lock down.  :(( :((

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2021, 08:35:40 am »

Wow! Where did that come from?

Anybody who chooses to go to an amber country is, in my humble opinion, already demonstrating a lack of concern and decency. I don't care how rich / poor they are. Not following the rules when they get back would make them lowlife.
Your assumption is that someone who goes to an amber country automatically won't follow the rules on return. While some undoubtedly won't, it's unfair to assume (as you do) that none of them will. If that were the case, all countries should be on the red list and all foreign travel should be banned.

Some people may have very good reasons to need to travel, which is presumably why the government has set the different levels. The rules involve testing and self-isolation (not "lots of jabs" as you claim) in order to allow this to happen safely.

Don't forget France is an amber country, and we see thousands of lorries arrive from there every day. Now you could put a stop to that if you want, but as the supermarket shelves empty, I suspect people would wonder if it's possible to arrange some rules for travel, which puts us where we are now.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2021, 09:17:50 am »

As was demonstrated last February, it only needs one to ignore rules and spread it by wandering around without a care in the world during the incubation period.  Back then, nobody was in any way protected, but we are still nowhere near having a big enough proportion of the population protected.
Even after you have had your jabs and become, hopefully, immune, you are still a walking surface capable of transporting infection from one person coughing their fluids around to anybody you come into contact with.
Unfortunately, while most of the rules have become sensible, there are people who think that they are too important to follow them, and find legal, if not legitimate, excuses for breaking them.  There are also those who are dumb enough to think that "sticking it to the man" is a good idea.
It strikes me that the infection is like a car rolling downhill, and the measures are the brakes.  Every time the pressure on the brakes is eased, the car starts rolling faster again since there isn't a handbrake.  Keeping the number of cases within what can be handled is the object, and will be until we either find the handbrake or get on level ground.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #474 on: May 14, 2021, 10:37:30 am »

endoff
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.