Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 73600 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2021, 07:03:45 pm »

Nor underlying conditions

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2021, 07:24:06 pm »

I think being 90 years old might be considered to be an underlying condition...

Colin

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #527 on: July 12, 2021, 07:47:44 pm »

Considering it was the first ever reported case of a two variant infection I thought it was worth mentioning.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #528 on: July 12, 2021, 08:01:53 pm »

Yes, but it was six months ago and easily explained by the unfortunate lady coming into contact with a variety of carers in her care home who presumably were infected by different variants.

I don't think it is anything we really need to worry about  compared with the people attending Wimbledon and the Euro football finals all mingling together and infecting each other.

Colin

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #529 on: July 12, 2021, 08:04:03 pm »

I think being 90 years old might be considered to be an underlying condition...

Colin

Presumably in Belgium they didn't round up the oldies and jab them as done over here .  The Boris mob might have made a dogs dinner over much of the recent pandemonium but at least they did a real good job over getting us all vaccinated
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #530 on: July 12, 2021, 08:36:11 pm »

At 90 she may have had medical conditions that precluded vaccination, best not to make assumptions.

I don't think the success of the UK vaccination programme owed much to Johbson's efforts. His judgement, time after time, has proved to be pretty disastrous and his latest efforts don't seem much better.

Colin

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #531 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:01 pm »

Yes, but it was six months ago and easily explained by the unfortunate lady coming into contact with a variety of carers in her care home who presumably were infected by different variants.

Yes 6 months ago but the Beeb's report was only a day or so ago and I only saw it in todays paper. Though getting close to her age whilst I am not worried about it but would never suggest it is nothing to worry about not to mention.
Researchers from Portugal, meanwhile, recently treated a 17-year-old who appeared to have caught a second type of Covid while still recovering from a different, pre-existing Covid infection.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2021, 09:07:48 am »

Click bait.

There have always been people who have diseases more than once where for most people having it provides immunity from further infections. Mumps, measles etc.

The only question that I would seek an answer to is whether a mutation is sufficiently different to overcome previous infection immunity for many people. I believe that the odd isolated case of multiple infection proves little.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2021, 09:24:54 am »

edit......Opps... >>:-( .........Second  AZ injection yesterday [2017.07.12] ....2021.07.012 ...... >>:-( ....after 12 weeks to the day.......no side effects...............Derek

[thanks Peter].........
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2021, 09:29:00 am »

2017 Derek????? You must be living in a time warp {-)

We had our second dose 10 days ago, so we’re both fully vaccinated  :-))

Peter.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2021, 09:55:10 am »

Click bait.

There have always been people who have diseases more than once where for most people having it provides immunity from further infections. Mumps, measles etc.

But no one is talking about getting the same disease twice so which part of  having 2 different Covid variants at the Same time did you not get[/quote]

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #536 on: July 13, 2021, 06:46:53 pm »

All viruses mutate which includes mumps, measles, influenza and the common cold flu but we still call them the basic name of the disease just as with Covid.

People do get the same viral disease more than once. It is not that uncommon. Have you only ever had the common cold once in your life?

The case quoted might be important but I suspect that it might not.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #537 on: July 13, 2021, 07:47:31 pm »

I am aware of that but again that is not the same as getting another version at the same time. As for how important that might be time will tell

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #538 on: July 13, 2021, 09:51:04 pm »

I am aware of that but again that is not the same as getting another version at the same time. As for how important that might be time will tell
The thought passes through - Have the occasions when I have had a really, really, bad cold been the result of nurturing two cold virususes at the same time?  Is there anything in the rule book that says such a thing is impossible?
And if enough people are running around loose spreading their own variants, what are the chances of a few of them passing their bounty on to one person?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #539 on: July 14, 2021, 08:22:00 am »

From the Beeb website ( they who must be believed)   HMS Queen Elizabeth (RO8)  has become a possible plague ship with over 100 cases of Covid  amongst the crew, all of who have been double dosed.   What gives ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57830617
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2021, 09:15:48 am »

I have always maintained that the double / single dose, DOES NOT give you immunity it just protects you from serious complications

I.E. double dose and you have a sniffle and a headache,  single dose and you have the headache and hayfever type / heavy cold,  no dose and you are more than likely to have either any of the previous or hospitalized and the chance of death, that saying even these could happen in rare cases to those with the highest dose level.

Being vaccinated is not a guarantee of immunity, you can still catch it and still transmit it that is where everyone is failing to understand - the jab is not a silver bullet  >>:-(
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #541 on: July 15, 2021, 12:43:46 am »

I have always maintained that the double / single dose, DOES NOT give you immunity it just protects you from serious complications

As far as I am aware, that has always been the official advice. I don't recall ever seeing any medical authority claiming that full vaccination gives full immunity, but it does, as you say, reduce the severity. However, from what I have seen in the media here, most, if not all of the new cases of covid, including the delta variant, have not been vaccinated.

Peter.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #542 on: July 15, 2021, 02:28:33 am »

Since the latest Covid outbreak caused by removalists from Sydney there are suggestions that the Montague Street bridge in Melbourne be moved to the Vic. N.S.W. border.
The tight 3-metre Montague Street bridge in South Melbourne is perhaps the most notorious truck assassin in Australia, with 54 crashes recorded since 2013. Social media and talkback radio lights up with ridicule anytime someone fails to notice the dozens of advance height warnings.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #543 on: July 15, 2021, 02:40:45 am »

However, from what I have seen in the media here, most, if not all of the new cases of covid, including the delta variant, have not been vaccinated.
Peter.
Sorry Peter but a fully vaccinated nurse in Sydney now has it.  >:-o

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #544 on: July 15, 2021, 02:48:38 am »

I heard this evening that, three adults in a family we know, have gone down with Covid, all had both jabs.

Kids brought it home from school....  {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #545 on: July 15, 2021, 03:02:25 am »

I hadn’t heard that Brian and Martin. It will be interesting to see how severe their symptoms are.

Peter.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #546 on: July 15, 2021, 09:27:38 am »

Do you know how badly they have got it Martin?

Colin

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2021, 10:52:50 am »

Whilst interesting and clearly a matter of great concern I am not sure that a small number of cases tells us much about the vaccinated population as a whole. 

We should be very wary of extrapolating.

Transmission within schools and then to family members must be a real concern to pretty well everyone in the local area but then pubs, nightclubs and many other venues have exaxctly the same problems.

The numbers that I am waiting for, and fearful about, are 1-2 weeks after "freedom day".

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2021, 11:26:08 am »

"Kids brought it home from school"

Now you know why the advert on TV says "Keep away from children"   O0

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2021, 11:41:10 am »

The problem is that a majority of the public do not understand what a vaccine is- most people seem to think that it’s a cure- very wrong indeed. The amount of lads I work with who don’t get that it’s not the cure just something to lower your chances of suffering the effects of the virus is unbelievable. It’s like most don’t remember a thing from their biology lessons about smallpox and how we prevented it becoming a killer as it was before.
You can still contact the virus- the vaccine is effective at preventing effects so you don’t get hospitalised from it. We will have to live with this virus forever like we do with flu and all the other nasties. We survived the 1919 Spanish flu epidemic and we will this one- in fact more people died from that virus than this one so we have that to be grateful for I suppose. We are just getting better at developing vaccines quicker than we did.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.