Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: London Violence  (Read 24104 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: London Violence
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2011, 06:53:59 pm »

When these idiots are caught,send them to afganistan instead of the troops.They wont be so clever out there

Is that really a serious suggestion? Doesn't sound very pratical to me.

craftysod

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2011, 07:49:07 pm »

A lot probably came from there in the first place,or other countries,and our benefit system isnt paying the scum enough

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:56 pm »

A lot probably came from there in the first place,or other countries,and our benefit system isnt paying the scum enough

If you have been watching the news tonight or reading today's papers, you will see that doesn't seem to be the case. Most of the looting and violence appears to be home grown. And many of those convicted are hardly on the poverty line.

The people who did this need to be caught and punished but the underlying causes are not simple although lack of parental authority and the breakdown of the traditional family structure would seem to be a significant influence.

Kids need role models and, like it or not, this is best delivered in a family environment with both parents present, sadly not the case in too many instances these days. Commonly the father leaves home and the mother is literally left holding the baby and when it come to a single mother trying to assert her authority over a young adolescent male, as was graphically demonstrated on TV this morning,  then the situation becomes very difficult indeed.

Colin

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2011, 10:31:03 am »

The actual troubles were bad enough.  When you add in the extra trouble caused by twitterers and suchlike starting rumors among people who regard any spurious drivel as gospel in preference to actual facts you get the copycats in other towns going to join in a non existent riot, and having to start their own.  I was looking at the BBC homepage and followed one of the stories, and looked at the responses.  There was one respondent who was deeply miffed that their local news was talking of local troubles when none existed.  It seems their information was unsubstantiated twitter, but, despite being directly informed of the actual facts, were determined to keep the story going, possibly in the hope of eventually being proved right.  Effectively, until independently checked, this is also just another story.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2011, 01:40:37 pm »

The Englishman ( http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/ ) has a view on it all....

"...As far as I can see no one seems to be pointing out the essential cause of all these riots. Rioting is fun, exciting and you get to pick a prize at the end. Even young bloods at Oxford have been known to smash stuff up for the hell of it. It relieves the tedium of it all.

The reason you and I don't do it is that the penalties outweigh the rewards. Penalties that are worn as badges of honour by some would be the end of our careers and our social standing.

The long term solution is about enabling people to have personal respect and ambition, freed from the serfdom of the council ghettos.
 Make them more boringly middle class like us.

Immediately the balance between risk and reward needs to be tilted to disincentivise the behaviour.
 And how to rebalance that cannot be understood unless it is acknowledged the sheer bloody thrill of being a rioting looter..."

Dekan

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2011, 02:10:08 pm »

This piece say's it as well as any comment I have seen so far   http://order-order.com/2011/08/13/harriet-harman-is-gangsta-mutha-1/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+guidofawkes+%28Guy+Fawkes%27+blog+of+parliamentary+plots%2C+rumours+and+conspiracy%29..

The corrosive effect of the loony left has left it's mark on all political partys

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2011, 05:19:58 pm »

ok2
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

deadwood

« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2011, 06:20:08 pm »

Hi Martin,

is there any deeper meaning why the depicted rioter has snatched the red Olympic ring (of the London 2012 games?) which usually represents the Americas?
So to speak, tearing out with it the root cause of the system's meltdown experienced by so many countries that adopted US capitalism? %)

Dekan

« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:05 pm »

Is German capitalism any different from American capitalism ? Is there a better spread of wealth across its population.... ;) Are their rich so much poorer than the American or the UK rich

Capitalism is now a world system the Americans are just part of it...

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2011, 07:05:36 pm »

Just listened to the muppet who said it was payback for him not getting a job in the comet store where he left in his CV.

Won't or shouldn't take the cops long to identify him if comet can give the cops access to CV's  {-)

Its like a badge of honor this looting.  >>:-(

I need a new radio system.  Wonder should I start a riot near a store and loot one 

I can't see a solution to this. If you stop benefits etc, there will be more looting and more riots but for the law abiding citizens, it looking like we are the mugs working.

The government have made a complete Ar*e of this

Declan
Don't agree...the police made it themselves.BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Nordsee

« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2011, 07:22:50 pm »

Is German capitalism any different from American capitalism ? Is there a better spread of wealth across its population.... ;) Are their rich so much poorer than the American or the UK rich

I have been living in Germany for over 35 years and I have come to the conclusion that Germany is controlled, not by the Government ( Mutti Mercle) but by about 100 top Bankers and Industriliasts, they control  all the money and The Cabinet does what they wish. They are faceless, shy from the Media, and control the Justice System. If any are suspected of corruption the case disappears in a welter of paperwork and closed Court hearings. Convictions are rare, if not non excistant..

Cargo

« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2011, 07:44:07 pm »

I have been living in Germany for over 35 years and I have come to the conclusion that Germany is controlled, not by the Government ( Mutti Mercle) but by about 100 top Bankers and Industriliasts, they control  all the money and The Cabinet does what they wish. They are faceless, shy from the Media, and control the Justice System. If any are suspected of corruption the case disappears in a welter of paperwork and closed Court hearings. 

A little to easy. This is not only in Germany so, its a phenomenon of any capitalistic Country (maybe by mankind itself). We are all the same by law, but some are more the "same". Especially when they can buy the better lawyers  ok2

deadwood

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2011, 07:44:40 pm »

Is German capitalism any different from American capitalism ?
Not much, but there are subtle differences.
Quote from: Dekan
Is there a better spread of wealth across its population.... ;)
We were hit by the crisis almost as hard as other nations.
But the spread of wealth across the population indeed seems to be a wee bit more equalized than in many other hit countries.
So much that the biting effects haven't yet been sensed by the majority,
also thanks to a maybe more tightly woven social net and to the circumstance that many cuts and austerity measures had been taken in the years before the bubble burst.
Are their rich so much poorer than the American or the UK rich
Seems that the upper and lower ends aren't that pronounced.
A great contributing factor to the financial meltdown can be found in the totally unregulated markets of Anglo-American provenience for collateralized debt obligations and other highly obscure derivatives that allowed to hide those subprime mortgages.
Excruciatingly, some of our federal state banks (i.e. Landesbanken) had the hubris and effrontery to speculate on these papers and in the aftermath needed to be bailed out by billions of tax payers' Euros.

Dekan

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »

Capitalism, most commentator agree, as a concept started in Europe...In about the 1600's.

I agree that the sub-prime scandal exposed the public to the concept that rich have been enjoying since capitalisms birth.. that is if you or your company are big enough and rich enough... the ordinary man with continue to subsidize you...

For example according to current US statistics  50% of their population either pay very little tax or none at all. A large proportion of this stat it's claimed are the "tax dodging rich" ....It is much more difficult to find out what proportion of the UK's rich enjoy a similar situation

The meek will inherit the earth...but only if the rich let them %)

If you think the situation in Germany is bad....Japan is much worse.. :o

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »

deadwood.  are you sure your in berlin. you write english like an english capitalist    ;)

phil

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2011, 09:32:39 pm »

Dear Dekan,

I think we should get things into perspective.

Apx. 30% of the GB population don't pay Tax as they either don't earn enough and a further apx. 10% are unemployed, thus why personal Tax bands vary up to a max. of 48% or thereabouts... plus Corp. Tax, and all the other business Taxes that ensure those in business only employ the absolute necessity of Staff.

Regards, Bernard

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2011, 05:28:37 pm »

Cameron on Andy Coulson:

"...I think in life it is right to give someone a second chance..."    :-)

Cameron on the 'lower classes':

“The people who have criminal offences can expect no mercy...If you are old enough to commit these crimes you are old enough to face the punishment"”    :((

And Cameron's own past?

"A television documentary was devoted to one particular night in 1987 -- when both Cameron and the current London mayor, Boris Johnson, were Bullingdon members – during which club members were arrested for causing havoc in Oxford and broke a restaurant window. Cameron claimed he went to bed early on the night in question, but the Financial Times reported in 2010 that he was "most definitely" at the party. An old Bullingdon friend told the paper that Cameron's determination not be caught was "extraordinary."    :o :o

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2011, 07:37:50 pm »

I see some twit <*< has an E-petition to the effect that those convicted of English city violence should spend some time in the Outer Hebrides as punishment !  He thinks they will have none of the "comforts" of an English city, running water,electricity, decent food, culture and shopping will put them on the straight and narrow and frighten them not to riot or loot again. He must mean un-inhabited islands in the Hebrides, as the local MP pointed out tourist flock to the Isles in hundreds of thousands every year. Not much of a punishment IMHO. >>:-( >>:-( >:-o
..well can you land on this?

pugwash

« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »

Don't forgeet them as live "darn sarf" think the Outer Hebrides are somewhere up near the North Pole.  Its one of my favourite
flyfishing destinations so if someone wants to send me up there for a few weeks punishment I'll go and break a window now.

Geoff

craftysod

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »

I cant remember seeing a policeman on our streets,we see loads in there bmw's,sitting for someone doing 32mph,
Yet we get these plastic pigs,also known as community officers,who cant enforce laws patrol like they own the place,
but the thugs/idiots  just laugh at them

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2011, 08:40:17 pm »

Are the newspapers now not reporting looting? At about 5.30Am my daughter last Thursday went to use Brixton railway station. It was closed The buildings next to it were well alight.No report in papers.Why? John.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.